Rooting Update: Still Happy

25.1.12 The Reporter 0 Comments


It's a full month to the day when I've rooted my Cherry Mobile Nova, and I have yet had the urge to do something crazy again, like install a new OS/distro.

So far:

  • It runs well.
  • Except for when I'm charging and I'm on tethering/portable hotspot and then it overheats, I barely have complaints.
  • I do have a minor complaint with the launcher. The ADW Launcher of the Firetrap Lollipop is a little clunky because it hides the Notifications area. Other than that, I've been happy.

Data management has been awesome, and the only major thing I've had to do is to backup my SD Card and delete my music collection because it's getting crowded in there. Despite having too many budgeting apps downloaded for review, and just recently deleting the SMS Backup apps I didn't like and therefore no longer need, the Internal Storage memory still hovers from 26MB to 32MB of free ROM space.

I never thought I'd last a whole month without getting antsy about it, but so far, it's been better than the last months I've had on Cherry Mobile's official release of Froyo.

And I haven't even gotten to Geekier Chick's recommendations of apps for rooted Androids, just yet.

What is awesome? What is gadget contentment/nirvana? What is gadget bliss?

Now excuse me, while I down the last of my hot cocoa and settle back to one of the eBooks I'm reading, and possibly a few stages of Pumpkins vs. Monsters.

***

(Speaking of Pumpkins vs. Monsters, I really should let you know what those new power-ups are for, but I'd rather finish the game first, because I want to do a complete follow-up to the last review. Watch out for that!)

***
Photo Credits: ECTmmo.com

0 coment�rios: