The Android Searcher: LG P500 Optimus One

3.1.12 The Android Searcher 0 Comments



 
I'm back! This Android Searcher went on a two week vacation in my hometown, Bacólod City, to clear my thoughts and write better articles for Android and your convenience. Just as when I thought I would not be seeing Androids for a couple of weeks, I was wrong. I went to Comer.cio Food Market to check out the food, when I was introduced by some friends to their relatives who also went to the event. When I mentioned I was on the lookout for anything Android-related as The Android Searcher for AndroidAlliance.ph, a friend's relative immediately quipped that he has an Android phone. In a city where iPhones and Blackberries dominate, there are actually some people who took up the Android challenge and, soon enough, turned into a Android-loyalist.

His phone? An LG P500 Optimus One. Bought just months ago, he has been a contented Android user since. Asked with what he liked with Android, he immediately mentioned the free apps. In his work as a telemarketer, he was able to download apps for his day to day chores. Apps like online organizers for jotting down little notes, mention it and there is an app out there for it. The greatest advantage of Androids for him is its affordability and the system is pretty much upgradeable to the latest version of Android. His contentment with Android encouraged his cousin to also buy the same phone. Pressed for comments regarding my usual observation of Android phones having the signature lag, he said that, on his end, he did not experience any annoying lags in his Android for months of use.

In the course of our conversation, I mentioned to him my recent discovery of the Sky Vega Racer with the inbuilt Skype function. He told me that that was the kind of phone he was looking for;  I immediately told him, however, that it is not yet available in the Philippines. His apparent enthusiasm gave him the idea of actually buying one in a planned trip to South Korea in the middle of this year. I guess we might be seeing a first Filipino user of the Vega Racer here. After a few pleasantries and some cold drinks, he thanked me for my valuable input about Android phones. Bacólod City may not have the epiphany of how awesome Androids are, just yet, but with people like him, we just might get there soon enough.

0 coment�rios: