Android Game Overview: Temple Run, On An Android App Near You, In Ten Days' Time

17.3.12 The Reporter 0 Comments


Temple Run is among the most-awaited games on the Android. Having achieved considerable success on the iOS platform, it isn't hard to understand why.

Temple Run is a 3D running game, and one that had earned rave reviews by serious casual gamers and a good, growing following of iOS mobile device users. For those who aren't really into games, I'm not surprised if they picked this up and got addicted to it.

A dear friend had one day "barged onto" my Facebook Wall and declared that I should download the app and waste no time in doing so. So I tried to look for it, but alas and alack, I came up empty.

Then I read that an Android version was still under development by Imangi Studios, and that it would be released, soon. At that time, it was around February, and while I'm passionate about the casual games that I do like, it takes a certain type of game to catch my fancy. I'm not even sure about my personal metrics, but as far as I know, I've fallen in love with random casual games that don't really have a set pattern.

Given that I have a random way of taking a liking to casual games, I find that it takes these elements for me to get addicted:
  • A great storyline
  • Something to solve
  • Cute characters
  • Great graphics
  • GOALS
  • Continuity
With that, I find that games that push you back to square one when you "die," save possibly for Fruit Roll and Caverns of Hammerfest, are annoying to me.

That being said, I have a mild distaste for almost all running games I've come across, except for Fruit Roll, Robot Unicorn Attack, Coma and Run Ninja Run. That's because running games tend to warp you back to square one, even as you find yourself still reeling from your "death."

That is why, I personally don't know if I would like Temple Run. But judging from this video:





This game has the makings of a runaway hit, as it already is, way before it's made available on Google Play. I say that it's already a runaway hit way before it debuts on Google Play, simply because Android users are actually clamoring for the app as soon as word of its awesomeness spread all over the Internet.

So, what makes Temple Run a game worth waiting for, then?

Try these:
  • Gorgeous graphics
  • Apt, emotion-milking soundtrack
  • A pace that squeezes out all the adrenaline your body can pump
Thanks to these elements, you'll be installing addiction in your Apple mobile device, or, come March 27, just 10 days from now, on your Android phone or tablet of choice, when it hits the Google Play shelves.

And oh, I almost forgot to add. People are soo insane about Temple Run, that they've actually made a "trailer video" about it.




Let us know in the comments or on the Android Alliance Ph Page if you've played it, and what you think about it!

0 coment�rios: