iOS Apps I'd Love To See On Android

16.3.12 The Reporter 0 Comments


Despite the fact that apps written for the iOS do tend to have a counterpart for the Android, not all good, awesome, mobile apps find themselves in both platforms. Admittedly, some developers prefer to remain iOS-only. While this is sad, this definitely is a decision that developers can, will, and should decide for themselves. But being an Android industry observer, avid Android user, and Android "evangelist" of sorts, I am sad that some truly awesome apps may never see the Android light, or frolic in the Google Play-ground. Today, I list the apps that I wish were on Android (but are not):

TeuxDeux. 


While I totally love Wunderlist and love that I can integrate my daily Wunderlists both on my desktop and Android, this other GTD app that I love, TeuxDeux, tragically isn't. I'm really a big fan of weekly-view todo lists, and this "love affair" with weekly-view lists was sparked by discovering TaskFive.


Alas and alack, however, the app and the service were both killed or allowed to go to pot by the owner, who had bought the app from Contrast. Today, the app is unavailable and dead, as you can see:



When I couldn't login to TaskFive anymore, I was frantic about finding a passable alternative. I found TeuxDeux. Which is sooooo much better.

TeuxDeux advertises itself properly: It IS a simple, designy to-do app.


The only thing is that it still hasn't found itself on Android. :( I'm still crossing my fingers that someday, I'll be able to find this on Google Play.

***

Awesome Note.


As I've said time and again, Color Note is really enough for me. But looking at Awesome Notes, with the different functions that The Everyday Minimalist, a.k.a. Fabulously Broke has introduced in her blog, I am really wishing that it's available on the Android. However, it looks like BRID, the developer, is only into keeping the app on iOS system. A sad thing, just like TeuxDeux.

Bonus: Instagram. I labeled this as a "bonus" because:


  • I am not an Instagram user, (though I do LOVE Instagram pics) but a whole lot of people are fans of the iOS app of Instagram
  • It's coming to the Android soon

Everyone else may ignore and pass over my other picks, but very few will be able to ignore the news that Instagram is heading for Google Play.

Many users have tried the different Instagram alternatives, but nothing, just nothing comes close to the beauty that Instagram can capture.

In the SXSW conference scheduled March 9 through 18th, Instagram founders have announced that the Android version of Instagram is, "In some ways, it's better than our iPhone app," and that "It's one of the most amazing Android apps you'll ever see."

Don't let me stop you from clicking more newsbits about Instagram hitting Google Play's shelves soon:


After all this, all I can say, really, is that Steve Jobs may be grimacing in his grave, but he's gotta let go and let Android have a slice of the World Domination profit pie, too. :p

***
Photo Credits: El Canasto

0 coment�rios: