The Android Searcher Reviews The Motorola Xoom

21.12.11 The Android Searcher 0 Comments




Hello, Moto?

Who'd be able to forget that tagline of Motorola? Back in the day when Nokia ruled the mobile phone market, having a Motorola phone is some sort of an achievement. Their signature sleek and stylish phones no doubt caught the attention of the people who wanted to stand out from among their peers.

I remember in high school when a classmate of mine got a Motorola phone, all eyes were on her. When I reached college though, that was when things started to spiral down for Motorola. So much so, that I thought the company had gone down the drain forever. However, as of late, I heard how Android Pub bought a Motorola Android Phone in Singapore and The Scribbler was telling me to check out the Motorola tab in Megamall so I got a bit excited. I was wrong, after all: Motorola was alive and kicking, realizing more so when I saw The Scribbler's article.

Finding the Motorola booth in Megamall was a piece of cake since it is just a jump away from the Canon booth. The booth was unassuming but was good enough of a shoutout to be noticed that Motorola still does exist after all. They are actually having a major Christmas sale, with phones display for one's perusal. What caught my attention was not the phones but their Android tablet, the Motorola Xoom.

The Motorola Xoom is "everything a tablet should be" and "it's what you've been waiting for" as they say. That is one daring move of Motorola to be the new benchmark of tablets. This tablet runs on Android 3.0 Honeycomb, with a 1GHz Dual-Core processor, and is relatively lightweight at 730g with 249.1 by 167.8 by 12.8mm dimensions, staying true to Motorola's signature sleekness.

The lady at the Motorola counter was kind enough to let me try the Motorola Xoom. Just as their brochure claimed, Xoom has less lags than most Android tabs, though I find that the Huawei MediaPad can actually compare.

Touchscreen speed for games was pretty seamless. The user also gets to enjoy a high-definition screen experience. Not only that, you can actually shoot a video using this tablet and take note, in high definition. This is especially great with another feature, the video call. What is good with the Xoom is that it does not have issues with battery life, as it can reportedly last up to 10 hours even with full usage of apps. Like an iPad, this tablet also has tailor-made accessories like a gel case, a speaker dock and a bluetooth keyboard for those who may not be comfortable with typing on touch screens for longer periods of time.

And did I mention that this too was on sale? The standard SRP is PhP34,000 with a full features but for Christmas, they are slashing the prices down to PhP28,600 for credit cards and an even lower price of PhP25,900 for cash.

Impressive features with that impressive price makes me go "Wow!" on this one. The Motorola Xoom has definitely found itself in my picks of Android tabs. Which begs me to ask, when will I have my first Android tab? That one will be definitely answered along the way.

0 coment�rios: