The Hazards Of Multiple SIM Use On An Android

3.2.12 The Reporter 0 Comments


For almost a year, my life was in a bit of mad transition, so I thought it was unwise to get myself an ADSL Internet line. Thanks to the availability of 3G, I was able to live on only a prepaid 3G Internet connection.

Initially, I used SmartBro. But given that it was actually a pain to use in Boracay for some reason, I tried using Globe Tattoo. And that started me on my love affair with 3G Broadband connections.

I first used a Globe Tattoo dongle with my Edimax 3G Router. Then, when I got the Cherry Mobile Nova and discovered that I could upgrade it to 2.2 without a hitch then use it as a portable WiFi hotspot, I finally bought myself a Sun Broadband Wireless SIM. With access to all three networks, I was able to compare and decide which one has the best service.

Before Globe Tattoo rolled out its SuperSurf 999 for prepaid, possibly in December 2011 or January 2012, I was using Globe SuperSurf 220. Not soon after starting the use of the service, I figured out that 5 days of use at a time makes for a very erratic reloading schedule. Given too, the fact that I preferred to maintain being able to reload at least Php 200 a week so that I could qualify for Globe's Superfree Weekend, I started to use Globe SuperSurf during weekdays and then Sun Broadband Wireless' SBW100 or i100 during the weekends.

It was in this "shifting schedules" with the SIM cards that I noticed bugs in some apps and seeing my Google Account needing a re-login because of the changing networks I was using.

So, the bottom line of this post is, if you're using an Android but you have a multitude of SIM Cards, prepare for a bit of inconvenience such as I've mentioned. Else, if you prefer less irritations, use your Android with just one SIM Card.

***
 Photo Credits: Chip Hazard

0 coment�rios: