Users Speak: The Samsung Galaxy SII

22.2.12 The Reporter 0 Comments


Samsung Galaxy SII: 2011's Phone of the Year for the T3 Gadget Awards. We at Android Alliance Ph found Samsung Galaxy SII users and give us their first-hand stories of their experiences with the Samsung Galaxy SII.

So, shall we?

First things first: What went into your decision to purchase your specific Android?        

RaF: It's the best competition to the iPhone the market has to offer.     

Achilles Tan:  I wanted to upgrade my original Android phone: the LG Optimus One, since it was too slow. I began looking for phones with better specs and stumbled upon Samusung Galaxy S2 on gsmarena.com.

What were your considerations?

RaF: Text, Call, Camera

Achilles Tan:  I was first impressed with the Processor speed which is 1.2ghz (Dual Core), and the camera was my second benchmark at 8.0 MP.

Price was a factor, but I wanted the phone (SII) really bad and gave myself reasons to rationalize buying it, though I wouldn't spend more than 30k for it.     
               
What were your options?           

RaF: SGS2, SGS1, iPhone4 (Not a chance that I'll get this), Nokia Something.

Achilles Tan:  It was this or the LG Optimus Black.

Why did you finally choose your specific Android?        

RaF: Friend gave me a good deal.            

Achilles Tan:  I was convinced with its performance and reviews. It was dubbed the iPhone killer and won the phone of the year award. So that stapled my decision to REALLY get this phone.          

What were your first impressions upon unboxing?        

RaF: Gotta love the big screen.

Achilles Tan:  It's so light!             

What did you like best about your Android?     

RaF: Alot of cheap/free apps.

Achilles Tan:  The SG S2 has everything I need in a phone and even more. I could watch videos in 720p!

What did you dislike the most?               

RaF: Short battery life, battery charging takes so long.

Achilles Tan:  Some minor glitches occasional phone reboots, but nothing that turned me off completely.            

Would you recommend this model?     

RaF: Yes

Achilles Tan:  Yes             

Any other thoughts?

RaF: SGS2 kicks Apple's ass anytime!

Achilles Tan:  I am eagerly waiting for ICS update for S2.


There you have it guys, the readers' first-hand review of the Samsung Galaxy SII. We'll have more of these in the coming days!

If you have questions or concerns regarding certain phone units, send them over at talk-to-us@androidalliance.ph.

----- 

"RaF" is a SAP-ABAP It Consultant currently based in Mandaluyong City.

Achilles Tan is an Android enthusiast, an active member of the Philippine Android Community, who works from home in an international IT Company. He is based in Iloilo City.

***
Photo Credits: MobileSyrup

0 coment�rios: