Firetrap Lollipop Follow Up: A Flaw Discovered

13.1.12 The Reporter 0 Comments


I discovered one major flaw of the Firetrap Lollipop, which I had installed in my Cherry Mobile Nova, on December 25, 2011. Just 12 days shy of using the OS for a month, I noticed that my Cherry Mobile Nova, when charging, overheats, especially when I'm on 3G and then tethering the work laptop to the Android via WiFi Hotspot Tethering.

There also seems to be a defect of the device pausing from charging, and even allowing the charge to drain, despite the indicator clearly showing a "Charging" status.

This is why I've taken to putting the Cherry Mobile Nova on "Airplane Mode" while I charge, so that it can finish its charge cycle "peacefully."

Did I regret the root and mod I let my Cherry Mobile Nova go through? Absolutely not. It's a matter of finding a kludge for this major problem. As well as possibly getting a MiFi device to serve as the "backup" in times of charging.

Charge to experience, pun intended.

0 coment�rios: